This Limited Release beer was born of the love between a sour ale and over 700 pounds of tart cherries. Available in 4-packs and on draught, limited supply.
Have you ever wanted to see the guts and inner workings of a brewery? Every Saturday at 3:15 and 4:00pm, brewery tours are available by reservation. Guests will receive one Exile tulip glass and four tickets for beer. Each ticket will be good for one six ounce pour of any of our crafted lagers and ales. Tour includes visits to our brew house, fermentation room, lager room, and packaging facility. Tours are $5 per person with a capacity 20 people per tour. Call 515-883-2337 to reserve your spot! Online registration coming soon.
Join our friends from Power Life Yoga every second Sunday of the month for a free 60 minute yoga class followed by a free beer! First day of yoga at the brewery is June 14th at 1pm and runs through September.
NOW AVAILABLE, Beatnik Sour 6packs!! Our newest flagship 6-pack can currently be found at the following locations:
- Hy Vee Fleur
- Fareway Norwalk
- Gateway Market
- Hy Vee 86th
- Hy Vee Ankeny – North Ankeny Blvd
- Hy Vee Ankeny – Prairie Trail
- Fareway Ankeny
- Hy Vee Wine and Spirits Knoxville
- Hy Vee Ames – 640 Lincoln Way
Beatnik Sour 6-packs will continue to be sent out throughout the week in central Iowa. We will update this post as more stores receive their Beatnik. Eastern Iowa Beatnik bottles begin Tuesday, April 28th!!
Art by Iowa native Ramona Muse
Beatnik Sour | Berliner Weisse-inspired Sour Ale
It’s been a long time in the making. Now it’s here! Ruthie, Hannah, and Gigi is now available in bottles! We’re not joking this time. And better yet, it’s on store shelves right now! Below is where you can currently find our 6 packs. We will continue to update locations to find the ladies in a bottle here and on our Facebook page. Enjoy your Exile!
Grand Ave. – West Des Moines
Ames – Lincoln Way
Johnston – Merle Hay Road
42nd Street – Hy Vee Wine and Spirits
Knoxville – Hy Vee Wine and Spirits
C & S Brew Supply
Central City Liquor
News on our bottle release from The Des Moines Register.
- At least 1 year of production brewing experience or formal training at an accredited brewing school
- College degree in a science-based field (engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, etc.)
- Independent, confident, and strong work ethic
- Desire to continually learn
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to lift at least 55lb to shoulder height
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, crawl, stand, and walk on continual basis in an often uncontrolled climate
- Ability to maneuver 165lb kegs of beer
- Strong sense of pride for his/her work
- Strong passion for our craft and the industry
Brewmaster John shares his path to beer in the Des Moines Register! Read the full story here. (Des Moines Register, 12/16/13)