Exile Brewing Company is searching for an assistant brewer to assist our head brewer and packaging manager.
Located in the Western Gateway area of downtown Des Moines, Exile produces traditional German-style lagers and ales and various seasonal offerings for our restaurant and both on/off premise locations throughout Iowa. Our 30bbl, 4 vessel brewhouse sits in between a full-service restaurant and beer hall, with fermentation and lager cellars attached. This is a full-time position with salary dependent on previous work experience. Assigned duties will include milling, brewing, filtering, cleaning, packaging (kegs & bottles), yeast management, book keeping, and attending various events/festivals.
Ideal candidates will fulfill the following:
- At least 1 year of production brewing experience or formal training at an accredited brewing school
- College degree in a science-based field (engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, etc.)
- Independent, confident, and strong work ethic
- Desire to continually learn
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to lift at least 55lb to shoulder height
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, crawl, stand, and walk on continual basis in an often uncontrolled climate
- Ability to maneuver 165lb kegs of beer
- Strong sense of pride for his/her work
- Strong passion for our craft and the industry
Please send resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.