Research will be focused on brewing strains of Saccharomyces as well as common beer spoilers in the brewery. The candidate will be exposed to daily brewing operations in addition to quality assurance testing in a laboratory setting.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Media and solution preparation
- Aseptic sample collection and sterile plating
- Microbe identification and selection
- Cell counting
- Data entry and analysis
- SOP writing/editing
- Performing secondary laboratory functions
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated
- Strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Maintain detailed and organized notebooks
- Ability to follow SOP’s and complete basic laboratory functions
- Effectively and safely operate laboratory/brewery equipment
- Current enrollment or recent graduate in BA/BS, biochemistry, or another related field of study
- Prior lab experience (academic or otherwise)
- Must be 21+ years of age
- A passion for craft beer
- Be able to work 20-40 hours a week depending on workload
Exile is a family owned and operated, local, craft brewery. We are driven by our passion for blowing minds, and our people, process, and culture are the key to our continued success. Since opening in summer of 2012 we have grown and evolved significantly. This position is being added as part of our growth plan for 2018.
How to Apply
Please send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lab Intern” as the subject line. In your cover letter please explain why you would like to work at Exile and what aspect of this job excites you the most.
Internship will span from May to August.